As a first step, we developed a series of questions to answer during our inquiry. Here’s a partial list:
- What are the most useful email benchmarks?
- What results can you expect from email marketing?
- When is the best time for maximum customer engagement?
- What is an average lifespan of an email message?
- How can you automate email marketing for better results?
The answers revealed helpful information you can use immediately.
- Our large dataset yielded these email benchmarks: Average Open Rate 18.58%, Average CTR 4.51%.
- The business quarter with the most activity is Q4, with almost a third of the emails being sent during this time.
- Tuesday is the most popular day for sending emails.
- Tuesday emailings also have the highest Open Rate and CTR.
- Most email Opens occur during the first hour after delivery; after 24 hours an email’s chance of being opened drops below 1%.
- Automated emails have 24% higher Open Rate and 47% higher CTR.
- Welcome messages and confirmation emails can reach an amazing 67% Open Rate and 33% CTR.
- Autoresponder cycles with 2-10 messages have the best results, so optimizing the length of email cycles is an important factor driving customer engagement.