Cyberduck is an open-source application used for FTP and SFTP on Mac OS X.
The first thing you need to do is download a copy at cyberduck.io. Please follow the installation steps to install the application on your computer.
Before you start, be sure you have these handy:
- Server name: example.com or your IP address.
- Username: Your FTP username.
- Password: Your FTP password.
Once Cyberduck is installed, we can create a bookmark.
- Click on the "+" symbol at the bottom left corner to create a bookmark.
- Use the following settings as illustrated below.
- Nickname: example.com or your IP address
- Protocol: FTP (File Transfer Protocol)
- Server: example.com or your IP address
- Port: 21 for FTP, 22 for SFTP
- Username: domainuser
- Under "More Options", change the following:
Path (optional): N/A
Connect Mode: Passive
Download Folder: Choose a folder on your computer you wish to download files.
Transfer Files: Default
Web URL: example.com
Notes (optional): N/A
Save and then double-click on the bookmark to connect.