In some cases CSS editor is missing in Joomla 3.x. admin panel. You can see the list of files, but they can not be edited.
You can go to Extensions -> Templates Manager -> Templates, choose the default theme – ThemeXXXX to check:
We should follow these steps for troubleshooting the issue:
- First of all, we need to check database and prefix table for the website. From Joomla Admin Panel, go to System -> Global Configuration ->Server tab to check the database name and table prefix:
- Go to phpMyAdmin -> Select the right database name for this Joomla website from the left side:
- We should make a backup for this database just in case. Click Export tab -> then click Go button -> Click OK button and save .sql file.
- Open SQL tab:
Add the code below to the content box:12
- Make sure you replace all ‘jos_‘ with your prefix table that you have checked from step 1. Press ‘Go‘ button:
- Log into Joomla admin panel. Go to Extensions -> Template Manager‘ -> Templates -> ThemeXXXX. Refresh the page to see that now we have access to the template css files: