Search Engine Consulting & Optimization
It is important to know that your website is accessible to search engines in order to compete for search queries.
There are many factors that determine the quality of your website and its content, especially since Google introduced their Penguin algorithm which is much more stringent in finding sites that violate the Google Webmaster Guidelines and penalise them for it in terms of reduced ranking.
We can give you a detailed assessment of your site to quickly determine any areas that are preventing your site from ranking improvements. We also give you an indication of your site performance against your competitors.
The following tasks are undertaken in the website audit:
- Check that the site can be crawled correctly
- Check for exisitance and any issues with robots file
- Check the site speed & performance
- Check for broken links
- Check for any server errors
- Check content for duplication, missing meta data, missing or duplicate titles
- Profile backlinks to determine if any are 'bad'
- Create analytics report for the previous month
- Create page optimisation report for most popular search term
- Create ranking report based upon your top 10 search terms alongside your competitors
- Create backlink report for your domain alongside competitors
- Report on the strength and popularity of your social media
Following a site audit you have the option to sign up to our SEO service where we can work with you to maintain the health of your site and improve your website rankings.
The initial work for the monthly SEO service would include:
- Review current site and compile keyword list
- Review top 5 competitors and analyse their keywords
- Review Google Analytics for top search terms
- Setup Google Webmaster account
- Setup site in profiler tools for up to date analysis
- Compile list of keywords from analysis and setup rankings in profiler tools
- Optimise pages for key search terms
Then on a monthly basis the tasks will be:
- Regular audit to maintain site health
- Review profiler, analytics, webmaster and rankings
- Make appropriate changes to content or meta data for better SEO
- Build backlinks
- Report monthly progress and highlight improvements without any unnecessary jargon!
Some notes from google.com about SEO's:
(We adhere to the guidelines as laid out by google.com for successful search engine optimization (SEO).)
- Be wary of SEO firms that send you email out of the blue.
- No one can guarantee a #1 ranking on Google.
- Be careful if a company is secretive or won't clearly explain what they intend to do.
- You should never have to link to a SEO.
- Some SEOs may try to sell you the ability to type keywords directly into the browser address bar.
- Choose wisely.
- Be sure to understand where the money goes.
- Talk to many SEOs, and ask other SEOs if they'd recommend the firm you're considering.
- Make sure you're protected legally.
What are some other things to look out for?
There are a few warning signs that you may be dealing with a rogue SEO. It's far from a comprehensive list, so if you have any doubts, you should trust your instincts. By all means, feel free to walk away if the SEO:
- owns shadow domains
- puts links to their other clients on doorway pages
- offers to sell keywords in the address bar
- doesn't distinguish between actual search results and ads that appear in search results
- guarantees ranking, but only on obscure, long keyword phrases you would get anyway
- operates with multiple aliases or falsified WHOIS info
- gets traffic from "fake" search engines, spyware, or scumware
- has had domains removed from Google's index or is not itself listed in Google
Copyright google seo